Every day thousands of children all around the world are dying simply because they do not have food. The statistics are disturbing.
- Every 15 seconds, a child dies of starvation somewhere in the world. (Unicef.org)
- Every day 21,000 people die from hunger. (Poverty.com)
- 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to live an active life. (World Food Program)
- 66 million children attend school hungry and malnourished. (BBC.com)
- 99 million children under 5 years old are significantly under weight and wasting away.
The statistics are appalling, sad and very true.
While many of us know there is a world hunger problem, most of us don't know how to help or even think we can help. The problem seems so big and we seem so little.
We are just like you. We can not solve this entire problem, but we can take a step and help feed some of the starving children.
This vision came to us while we were on a mission trip in Costa Rica. God led us to the small village of LaCruz, where we witnessed the need for food first hand. When we returned from the trip we prayed about what we saw and God showed us how we could help. The next day we laid out the plans for Share The Love Today and it has been a whirlwind experience ever since.
Our mission is simple. We create high quality, extremely comfortable, yoga mat flip flops and donate portions of every sale to help feed hungry children.
We know we can't solve the world wide hunger crisis, but we know we can help some and that is our mission.
We NEED your help. We can't do this alone. We have a saying that our company has come to live by:
"None of us can help everyone.....but ALL of us can help someone....and together we can do amazing things!
Please, share this mission with your friends, family and co-workers. Please, consider buying a pair of the most comfortable flip flips you will ever wear. Please, help feed a hungry child with your purchase!
God bless you and thank you for your support!